I am sad to report that Aunt Daphne passed away on December 26, 2010. After spending Christmas with Grandma, Papa and Uncle Eric, Aunt Daph passed away after having breakfast. Aunt Daph is one of the toughest people I have ever known because not only has she dealt with the loss of sight for over seven years, she also fought a long hard battle against lung cancer for over a year and a half. Aunt Daph - I hope you know how much you are loved and you will forever be in my heart and thoughts. You helped shape the person I have become and I am so happy that all my children were able to spend time with you. You will be remembered as a loving, caring and supportive Aunt who was always there throughout the years. I don't remember one event from my childhood that you did not attend. I will do my best to pass on a few lessons that I have learned from you.
1- Always make time for family and keep them close.
2- Live life with passion and speak your mind.
3- Your amazing mathematical skills. I can only hope I can drill my kids enough to have them doing all math problem in their heads.
4- Always support and love.
I love you and miss you everyday.
3 comments:
Well written, and I love the picture.
A wonderful tribute to Daph - thank you. Your father had commented that it brought tears to his eyes - now you know Daph would have liked that.
gosh, i've been so consumed in my own drama that i didn't check your blog. i know how special aunt daph was and will always be to you and your family. love you steph!
Post a Comment