When we got home from our bike ride, it was late and we were all exhausted. However, I needed to boil the eggs so that we could dye them the next day. Once the boys saw the eggs, they wanted nothing to do with going to bed so I had to promise that they could dye the eggs first thing in the morning. Obviously, per their attire, they woke up and we were immediately in the kitchen ready to go.
They took great care while dying the eggs and really worked well as a team. They were fascinated by the colors and were so disappointed when all the eggs were finished.
Easter morning couldn't come fast enough. The boys raced downstairs and were ecstatic to find Easter baskets awaiting.
They were not sure how to open the baskets so they were both crouched down in front of theirs trying to figure out what was inside.
Once they were opened, it didn't take them long to dive head first to find all their goodies.
The Easter Bunny finally brought Connor Hungry Hungry Hippo and Garrett was thrilled to get lollipops and a chocolate bunny.
Then, the hunt was on. The Easter Eggs didn't stand a chance with my boys seeking them out. The only thing Mommy and Daddy had to do was line their buckets with tissue paper because they would get so excited once they found an egg it would get thrown into the bucket in a hurry.
Ok...it is time to count the eggs.
Daddy and I were amazed at how quickly they managed to collect all the eggs. After enjoying a nice breakfast, we decided it was time to get outside and enjoy the beautiful day - it was at least 75 degrees. While Mommy set up an Easter Egg hunt outdoors, Daddy was busy inside filling up water balloons. Little did I know that I was going to be the intended target of those balloon. I must have taken quite a while outside because when I returned this entire bucket was full of water balloons.
Once we were all dressed, we headed outside for our egg hunt. The week before Easter, Connor and I struck up a deal - He could stay up a little later each night and help me put the treasures in the eggs. So the eggs they were chasing contained money, coins, balloons and bouncy balls. There were 36 in all and they did a great job in their search.
Connor covered the high ground and Garrett covered the low ground. Connor's egg was in the flowers and Garrett found one that was in the wall drain.
Those are some full buckets!
As soon as they were satisfied that they found all of the eggs, they decided it was water balloon time. I proceeded to be chased for the next hour with two boys armed with cold water balloons. I did my best to get away but unfortunately at the ages of 4 and 2 they are already faster than me. The weather was so beautiful that we decided to walk into town. The boys love getting into the Bob stroller and taking in the sights. It was such a gorgeous family walk which we all truly loved. Happy Easter everybody!!
No comments:
Post a Comment