Friday, April 30, 2010

Bike Trails and More

We all know how hard Grandma works to keep the entire family happy but sometimes we forget how tough she has to be to keep up with the boys. So one April evening, we are all playing around and I turn around to find them both laughing hysterically - every parent knows that when you hear this particular laugh that your kids are up to no good. Of course, they were wrestling with Grandma and felt victorious. Thank goodness Grandma was laughing too!!!

It was Good Friday and we were lucky enough to have the day off. The weather was in the 70s and we decided it was time to go do something in the outdoors. We decided to venture to the Minuteman trail which spans 15 miles through Lexington, Concord and Cambridge. We rented some bikes and a trailer and we were off.

The boys were quite happy to have Daddy doing all the work and loved enjoying the ride while eating their snacks. Daddy did complain that it was unfair that he was pulling both children but I quickly reminded him that I was carrying a child myself so I thought it was perfectly fair. (In Daddy's defense, he only complained when he started getting tired around the 7 mile mark.)

Their favorite thing was to hit the pretend "turbo" button which meant Daddy had to turn it into high gear so that they would take off down the trail in front of Mommy. So this is the sight that I got to see most of the way.

We all felt quite accomplished when we managed to bike about 15 miles. Then, the boys got out and rode their bikes all around the area we had parked. I think Brian and I could have passed out but by this point the boys were psyched to take their turn at riding. It was a big success and soon the boys will be able to take their bikes on the trail as well.

No comments: