In the last few days, we have been busy with the usual grind. This consists of snow, then some ice, then more snow...I think I can honestly say I have seen enough snow this year. We have already surpassed all the historical snow records. Good Times!! A few things I have noticed over the past few weeks:
When Garrett went for his 15 month check up, I made a shocking revelation. As he was screaming from getting his shot, I noticed he had two brand new molars in the back of his mouth. Talk about being unobservant...how did that happen and I never noticed. He is even starting to get the upper ones as well...now only if I could get him to eat with all those teeth.
Garrett has become quite a little man in the past few months (although he is going through quite a mama's boy phase - which I absolutely love). He basically understands everything you say to him - the words are starting to pour out of his mouth. Last night he said "walk" and he almost completely said "please". He is so mischievous and charming that I worry how I am ever going to discipline that smile.
Connor is funny as usual - keeping Brian and I on our toes and never letting us miss anything. This past weekend after some fresh snow - Connor wanted to go to the outside playground. Of course Brian obliged but they had to wade through mounds of snow. The best part was Brian put Connor on his lap to go down the slides because they were wet and covered with snow. At times Connor would be busy talking about something and wouldn't get to Brian fast enough - he didn't realize Daddy was getting soaked and was freezing. It is amazing what you do for your boys. Connor also had a first while at the playground. He no longer fits into the secured baby swings so he was on the real big boy swings and loved it.
The innocence of the boys is what gets me. Of course, I have taught Connor the correct terminology for his private parts. Well, we play this game every night where Brain hides their bath toys and we have to find them. So the other night Brian actually taped a dolphin to the inside lid of the toilet...I found it and told Connor where it was and that maybe the dolphin had to go pee pee. Connor's response - "The dolphin can't go pee pee mommy - he doesn't have a penis." Enough said.
I thought I would play a little trivia with you. Can you guess if the picture below is Connor or Garrett? Good Luck because I even know who it is and I am still questioning myself.
It is four weeks later and I am editing this post to let everyone know the answer because one day I am going to look back on this and not be 100% sure which little munchkin I am looking at. The above picture is Connor right before bathtime when we lived at the Devonshire.

No comments:
Post a Comment