Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Visit & Birthday Celebration

I need to catch everyone up on the happenings over the past four weeks. My big boy turned 3 and he had more birthday celebrations than I can count on one hand. The last weekend in January Papa, Aunt Daph and Uncle Eric came up to visit and to have a small party for Connor.

Garrett was enamored by Papa and was never too far behind him.

Papa put up our dining room chandelier which is gorgeous. It is definitely nice to have a father who can fix things - thank you!
A long day + New England air + a roaring fire = perfect nap time

Cupcakes were requested so we decided to make them into a mini railroad.

At lunch time, we decided to have a birthday celebration - party hats were worn by all. Connor blowing out the candles and Garrett patiently waiting to tear into one of those cupcakes

After a nice dinner out, we came home for ice cream cake. Connor couldn't wait to dig in so I think all his fingers were covered in frosting before I even started to cut the cake.

His own birthday train which he told Grandma he just had to have. Of course, Grandma didn't disappoint.
Watching the opening of presents or at least listening to all the chaos.

Connor requested a trumpet and he showed us real quick he knew exactly what to do.
The boys on a balloon hunt.


After everyone left, the boys were definitely a little tired. They were relaxing on the couch and spending some quality time together. Anyone that has kids at this age knows, these few minutes of cuddling together is priceless.

3 comments:

mommyofthemusketeers said...

I can't believe Connor is three!! Happy Birthday little guy! Steph, they are just so handsome!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Where is the pic of the new chandelier? I would love to see it! :) Love, Your decorating friend! :)

SMF 2008 said...

First off I am ecstatic that you guys wrote comments. I am just so happy people actually read this thing.

Di - I keep reading your blog and your kids are fantastic and getting so big so quick. I don't know how you are handling three and working...unbelievable.

Jen - I will get you a picture ASAP.