Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another Year Older

It was Daddy's birthday in the beginning of January and I think he received the best present any father could ask for...Connor made the day entirely about Daddy and all day made Brian feel so special. Let me back track for a quick second.

The day before Brian's birthday Connor told me that we had to go out shopping. I asked him why - he explained that he had to get Daddy a birthday present. He then whispered into my ear that Daddy really loves Hot Wheels. I asked Connor how he was going to pay for Daddy's present - he told me that he had been saving his money in his wallet and he wanted to buy the present with his money. I was so impressed that I told him that I would help him pay for the present this time since he was so sweet. He denied my assistance, went to his back pack, got his money and asked me if he had enough. I told him he had more than enough. The entire family bundled up and off we went on a shopping spree. Connor brought us all to Toys R Us where he picked out a pack of 5 Hot Wheel cars - he carried the cars and his wallet to the register and really, truly bought his daddy a birthday present. I mean could you ask for anything better than that.

The next day was Daddy's birthday and I don't think Brian could have felt any more special. Besides the fact that Connor reminded Brian every 3 seconds it was his birthday and gave him a million hugs and kisses, Connor was determined to make this birthday special. Connor first instructed me we had to make a cake - not just a cake - he decided cupcakes. We made cupcakes and chocolate cookies (since those are one of his favorites) and my big helper was into all the way. He also enjoyed licking the bowls and bringing some to daddy often.

While Daddy was outside, Nana and Connor wrapped Daddy's present...Connor did all the taping himself. Oh I almost forgot...he also decided to decorate the kitchen using balloons and napkins and a sign.

Nana made Daddy his favorite dinner - meat pie and I don't think dinner could end soon enough. Connor was psyched to sing and eat cup cakes. He lead us off singing and helped blow out the candles. The boys then dug into their cup cakes which meant frosting everywhere. He then gave Daddy his present and then they both decided to share the cars - so Garrett, Nana, Connor, Daddy and myself all received a car. It was a perfect evening and thanks to Connor I don't think Daddy will ever forget his birthday.
Everyone singing
The family resting.
Really getting into the cup cake.Connor wanting more...Pleeasssee. This is good.
Of course, we did have to repeat the singing and eating of cupcakes the following night upon Grandma's return - anything for another cupcake. Happy Birthday Daddy!

No comments: