Friday, January 09, 2009

Long Island Antics 2008

This year someone had a brilliant idea to do a gift exchange amongst all the kids. In the last two years, the group has expanded exponentially and the picture below is missing Alexandra, Olivia and Ava. Allison was gracious enough to host us at her house and I know my boys loved seeing everyone. I think they love all the ladies.

I think this might be one of the first times I have a picture of us. Although, I am now wishing I put on makeup and actually did my hair. Oh well, sometimes I just find it amazing I make it to places.

The next few days were a whirlwind. Garrett hanging out during Christmas Eve - he was happy to find a seat he could sit on without any help from an adult.
How cute are my boys?
Our only family picture from the holidays - If Connor's mouth looks a little funny it is because he just ate a peanut butter/ chocolate kiss cookie which he made with Aunt Laura and has the chocolate all over his face.
Garrett entertaining.
Everyone having a good time.
Christmas Morning - the boys knew exactly what to do. They ripped into their stockings immediately.
Garrett was thrilled with his toothbrush. He wanted it out of the package and he would have been satisfied all day with this as his only present.
Oh yeah...and maybe a box or two to stand on/jump on as well.

The boys playing with their new books and toys. The Wiggles guitar was a big hit.
Quick explanation of Brian receiving ketchup and canned goods. Brian comes home often to tell Grandma and I that he thinks we are going to go into a economic depression and that we should stock up on the basic necessities. Grandma obliged by giving Brian a gift of precious commodities...canned goods and water. :) Brian took them all home and put them in storage.
A little relaxation was definitely needed.
In the afternoon, all of our family came to visit. It took the boys a minute to warm up but they definitely enjoyed all the attention.
It always seems like we never have enough time...I think the fact that I don't have pictures of the boys with Grandma, Papa, Uncle Scott and Aunt Laura speaks volumes.

No comments: