Just when you think everything is going smoothly, your little girl sitting at the dinner table listening to a book being read sticks a penne noodle up her nose. So far up her nose that you can barely see it. For two hours, we tried to suction the noodle out with no luck. This included trying to hold her down but resulted in her getting so upset she threw up on me. Then, we tried tweezers but since the noodle was already cooked it just kept breaking into pieces. With the thought of an Oprah show and Dr. Oz, I remember them explaining the theory behind the neddy pot. It was explained that if you put water in one side of your nose, it should flow out the other when you hold your head sideways. It was now two hours later, when I asked Emily to hold her breath and I used the children's aspirator to blow air into the other side of her nose. Low and behold, the noodle shot out of her nose.
Looking back on this tramatic event, I can now laugh knowing all is well. But seriuosly, how can you push an entire noodle up your nose. Unbelievable. Hopefully, our adorable little lady has learned that things don't belong up our nose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment