As you can tell, life has been hectic and unfortunately this blog has taken a back seat. However, I don't want it to slip because it has been proven to be something so worthwhile. At the end of last year, I printed up the 2008 entries and made a book out of it. Connor and daddy read it quite often and we are thrilled to have a reminder of all the great things we have done, seen and accomplished. So, I am trying to get myself back on track and keep this up to date. The problem with falling behind is that I don't remember all the great stories so Connor and Garrett please accept my apologies for slipping.
(Now let's travel back to the first weekend in August.) While Daddy was away, the mice will play. Daddy went on a bachelor party trip to Las Vegas and San Diego so I packed the kids up with the help of Grandma and we went to Long Island. Not exactly the same but I think we managed to have lots of fun. Papa is like a cartoon character for the boys - full of energy and always up to no good. From the moment they wake up to the moment they finally fall asleep it is Papa papa papa papa....
I took Friday off so that we could have a nice long weekend. On Friday we managed to go see Olivia and Ava - boy how they have grown. Then, we met up with Papa and Grandma at the Bayville pizza place. The boys ran wild and we even went to check out the new arcade but what was the most fun was walking over to the beach. They love the beach and since the tide was out the main event was throwing rocks into the water. I am pretty sure that if I didn't bribe them with ice cream we still might be at the waters edge. As usual, every night we head over to see Aunt Daph and the boys just showered her with kisses.

The next morning Papa decided to take the boys on a nature hike and to be honest they are a bit like their mom. Connor and Garrett didn't like walking in any mud - Garrett particularly didn't like walking at all because he did not like the grass and plants touching his legs. We made it to the pond and the fish in no time flat and Papa had come prepared with a bag of food to feed the fish. The size of the fish were amazing...they were huge. The boys loved feeding them and at times Papa and I had to hold them back to make sure they didn't fall into the water.
Yes, we fed the fish rice krispies and Cheerios...snap, crackle, pop!
After a nice early dinner at Taby's, Grandma, the boys and I went to Oyster Bay beach where we did a little bit of everything. More rock throwing, fun at the playground, walked along the water checking out the boats and even caught a game of softball. Then, it was off to see Aunt Daph. The boys were in fantastic spirits and were making us all laugh.
They even managed to make Grandma and Papa sit still for a picture...I love the power of kids. I am sure I won't hear the end of putting this picture on the blog but I couldn't resist.
As always the weekend came to an end way to fast but it was back in the car for another five hour trip back to MA.Two weeks later we were back in LV so that Brian and I could go to Uncle John's wedding in NJ- not sure how I didn't take one picture during the entire weekend but I think it had to do with sleep deprivation, a very hectic schedule and travel time. Either way the boys as always didn't want to leave and Brian and I had a great time at the wedding. A successful weekend as always!
No comments:
Post a Comment