I need to take a minute to focus on Garrett because he has hit some major milestones in the past month. Garrett has developed physically so quickly it is unbelievable. There is nothing he can't do - he jumps, runs, rides a tricycle (at least he pushes it with his feet at mach speed) and so much more. He is totally fearless and always willing to try everything. If Connor can do something, Garrett is determined to keep up. The one thing that continues to amaze us is Garrett's vocabulary and how clearly he speaks.
Just last month, he used to call his brother "Todo" which sounded like 'toedoe.' One day in the middle of August, he turned around to call his brother and suddenly it was "Connor." Now you can be standing in the kitchen and hear Garrett trying to get Connor's attention, "Connor, big brother, big brother, Connor." His voice is priceless.
At almost two years old, I am amazed at the full phrases and even baseball terminology that has become his everyday speech patterns. We play a little game called indoor baseball - complete with bat but using a beach ball. Garrett loves to be the pitcher and basically calls his own game. Complete with - strike one, strike two, foul ball, home run. Then even chases after us when we round the bases to tag us out. Last night as I was putting him to bed, he told me "not yet" when I tried to leave. Then, he proceeded to say "not go" meaning don't go. Of course when he is busy doing something and wants more time he puts his hand in the air and says "five minutes."
On Labor day weekend, we finally were in Needham for a bright a sunny warm day. It was off to the beach for us and the boys absolutely loved it. I forgot my camera that day otherwise I would probably have posted about 50 funny moments. Back to Garrett...at the beach he started to get tired after lunch. So Daddy was laying on a beach towel, with his head covered by another towel. Garrett kept sitting on his belly and jumping up and down. Then, he was playing peek-a-boo with the towel over Daddy's head. This actually continued for over 30 minutes to the point where I am pretty sure Daddy even fell asleep. Then, all of a sudden - thud! Garrett had picked up one of the big rocks from the beach and dropped it on Daddy's chest. Could you imagine if that was his face? Daddy immediately pulled the towel off his head and saw Garrett just sitting up with a huge grin on his face. He has such an angelic little face that he does get away with a lot. As we looked around the beach, we noticed that for that entire time frame Garrett had entertained every single person that was sitting around us. They all had huge smiles on their faces and just loved when he would show them some attention. Garrett undoubtedly has a talent of being a very social child (I can't even call him a baby anymore.) Garrett you are such a fabulous little man and I am a very blessed mommy.
2 comments:
I am laughing out loud, with the image of Garret dropping a rock right on Brian's chest. Priceless.....
Garrett you are getting so big so fast. Everytime I see that smile I just want to reach out & squeeze you. Keep smiling we love you
Post a Comment