I was lucky enough to arrange with work to work Wednesday and Thursday from home (LI) on Easter week. This allowed the boys to have quality time with Papa and most importantly allowed us time to spend with Aunt Daph. We definitely left our mark on the rehabilitation center. Connor was in charge of getting the cookies in the break room and he always made sure to get one for Aunt Daph too. They figured out how to operate the wheelchair and both the boys thought it was fun to push her around, although I am not sure if Aunt Daph thought it was as much fun. All I know is that they did manage to make her smile, so mission accomplished.
Thursday was a gorgeous day and the boys had a picnic with Papa and Grandma in the backyard. What made this memorable. At home in MA, Grandma and Connor would pretend to take field trips and when they would picnic they would sit on the mat which leads out our back sliding door. This was due to the fact it was winter and the outside temps were near freezing. So when the boys decided to have a LI picnic, Connor grabbed Grandma's inside mat and brought it outside to sit on. It was so funny...we couldn't correct him. After them sitting for lunch, we had a mini Easter egg hunt outside. The boys ran around the yard looking for eggs and had a blast.
After running Grandma and Papa off their feet for two days (maybe I am exaggerating a little bit), it was nice that Brian and I actually had Friday off so we could do something with the boys. Grandma, Brian and I took them to Hicks Nursery to see the Easter bunny.
The fish tank provided some enjoyment.
Instead of standing on the tremendous line, the boys peeked through the fence. To be honest, that was close enough for them both.
Found one.
Papa I got one and I see one over there.
All dressed and ready to go see Aunt Daph.
A family portrait...not sure if you can see it but Garrett was sticking out his tongue too.
A brotherly hug.
Racing Papa
Come here for a kiss Grandma
Another race. I honestly couldn't get Connor to sit still...this is the closest picture I could get of him on Easter.
During our Easter visit, a few people made a lasting impression on the boys. On Saturday we woke up to the pouring rain and I wasn't sure what we should do since going outside was not an option. Lucky for me, Raymond, Bradley, Ian and Craig were available to go to lunch. Well, what an impression they made. Connor was non-stop talking about his cousins. He wanted to play more with his cousins so much so that after we visited Aunt Daph that night we stopped by Rob and Anne-Marie's house so that the boys could play. I am so happy he loved hanging out with his cousins and hopefully they can play again real soon. Brian and I both thought the same thing...he came out of his shell and was quite the big boy. The boys are growing up so fast it is amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment