Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Froggy Girl?

Every week Grandma takes the boys to classes, one at Gymboree and one at ISIS. Yesterday happened to be one of their classes at ISIS and of course they told us all about the class at dinner. During bath time, I decided to ask Connor some questions about class - "What are some of the names of the kids in class?" In true Connor form, he named Grandma and Nana (both of which took him to this class at some point over the last three weeks). I responded "what about the kids?" He then proceeded to tell me "Carter, Leo...(a long pause) Cooper." I asked "are there any girls?" He responded "Of course, Mommy! Froggy Girl." I ask "did you say Froggy Girl?" Connor nods his head and says "yup!" We proceeded with our bath and I didn't say anything else about it.

Connor has a great imagination and makes up some really creative and funny stories but usually when asked a direct question he never makes things up. At this point, I am just thankful that Grandma was at class so I could ask her what he meant.

Grandma came upstairs after bath time to help me wrangle the boys into their pajamas. I finally asked Grandma what are the names of the kids in class. She started listing off lots of boys names as well and then I jumped in and said "Connor said someone is named Froggy Girl." My mom replies "Oh, there is a girl named Lily."

I lost it (Grandma did to) and sat on the floor laughing to the point I was crying which prompted Garrett to keep coming over to me to give me a kiss. What a great example of word association.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so adorable!