Friday, July 16, 2010

New Hampshire 2010 Part 2

The following day we went back to Storyland to continue the fun. Connor had a map of the amusement park and he plotted out our path the night before. Our first stop was the antique cars which I think is every kids favorite ride.
Garrett was ready to ride. I had to help just a little bit by pressing the gas pedal since he was just a little bit too short.
This year was so much fun because the boys tried rides that they would have just shied away from last year. Here they are on the Whirling Whale - Garrett is there peaking out past daddy.
The boys both remembered this ride because we have a family tradition of always taking a picture on this ride. From each trip, we always buy the ride photo and it is fantastic to see the progession of our family through the past four years.

A little after lunchtime, a huge thunderstorm rolled in. We took cover in the ball pit zone and the boys had a blast filling guns with balls and shooting the people down below. We took a break on a bench and Garrett even fell asleep in my arms which is a wonderful feeling.
NEXT STOP: SANTA'S VILLAGE
At the entrance to Santa's Village, there sits Rudolph who when spoken too actually responds. I think this knocked Garrett for a loop because he made me come back during the day to check it out again. I continued to ask Rudolph questions and he just stood there amazed...he did manage to eventually say hello.
The picture below is the first ride that the boys have ever taken together without mommy and daddy. Look how happy they are and how they look to one another.
This was my favorite ride which I wasn't allowed to ride because I was pregnant. My little firefighters came off this ride soaking wet and all smiles. (this included daddy getting drenched)
The race is on. Look at Garrett working his aerodynamics.Sometimes you laugh as a parent because your kids find the strangest things amusing. The boys loved these cupcakes and had me take their picture in all of the ones around the park.
I know what you are thinking - this is the perfect Christmas card photo. I thought the same thing for one brief moment and then realized that we were missing our new addition. Look at how handsome the boys look.
Next it was time to visit the reindeer and the boys got such a kick out of feeding them.
Garrett's favorite ride.
Hey there!
This year the boys graduated from the frog slide to the big blue slide. After a few practice runs down the frog slide, they were headed to the big slide.
We have two little daredevils because they came down this slide backwards, on their stomachs and any which way you could imagine - it definitely kept Brian and I on our toes...especially since the boys still need to learn how to swim.
Its raining Its pouring...
Our little get away seemed to fly by and we had a great time. Time to get back to the daily routine and get ready for our next adventure.

No comments: