For the past 31 years, Brian and I have always been in our parents homes for Christmas. Obviously things have to change, this year we started new traditions and celebrated Christmas in our home. What do you do on Christmas eve? Well, we went to a Japanese steakhouse for dinner - the boys favorite. I know a little unusual but it was fun. Then, we toured some of the neighborhood to check out all the Christmas lights. After singing some Christmas carols and seeing lots of lights, we headed home to prepare for Santa's arrival.
The boys came down in the morning to presents under the tree, a beautiful fire and a new train table in the middle of the family room.
They headed straight for the train table and immediately started playing.
When they turned around, they finally noticed all the presents under the tree. It didn't take them long to start tearing all the wrapping paper off their presents.
There was no stopping their progress and as we all know watching their faces light up and listening to them speak with excitement was enough for us.
A new train for the new tracks. Garrett really was excited about everything.
Before going to bed, Connor set out some snacks for Santa and his reindeer. In case they had some spare time, he set up a small game of memory for them to play. As you can see, Santa even found some matches before he went back to work.
The boys played for hours in the family room and it was so much fun to watch them enjoying all their new toys. While they were playing, I was trying to navigate how to make Christmas dinner. Well, that is a bit of an exaggeration. We purchased an already made Christmas dinner but I had a lot of heating up to do including the turkey. I am happy to report I didn't burn anything and it actually came out quite good. It was our first Christmas at home and we definitely had a blast. Thank you boys for always being the life of the party and to Daddy who did all the leg work.
No comments:
Post a Comment