Monday, July 13, 2009

Trip to the Petting Zoo

The last weekend in June Grandpa came to visit and we took a family trip to the local petting zoo. Connor and Garret and both obsessed with animals right now so we figured this would be a huge hit. Last year when we took them to the petting zoo, Connor wouldn't feed the animals from his hand. This year he wasn't phased by anything. He used four cups of feed and I think the animals at the farm had never eaten so well in their life.

We started at the calves. While Connor was busy feeding and brushing them, Garret was busy running away from them. I think their size intimidated him but I loved that he spent the time hugging the back of my legs.
This is a two week old calf who was sleeping...Garrett like him since he wasn't moving around.
See what I mean about Connor having no hesitation feeding the animals. Now a funny thing is happening in this picture that you just might not notice at first. Can you see the red bandanna in Grandpa's pocket? So did that calf because the calf actually took it out of his pocket and was eating...thank goodness Grandpa rescued the red bandanna.
This little goat was much more Garrett's speed.
Garrett just loves to climb and basically has no fear of heights - nothing can stop him. Both boys loved this little goat - Garrett spent five minutes petting and feeding him.

Connor loved him too!
Everyone knows I do NOT like snakes...Connor thought it was hysterical when he called me over to the red barn because Grandpa had a snake draped around his arm. I quickly veered away but Connor and Daddy were quite pleased with themselves.
If there is a slide, they will go down it - always time for a playground. This slide had a rope ladder leading up to it and both boys climbed it with no problem.
Connor driving his first go-cart although this one had pedals. Brian and I ended up having to push the boys around the course because the seats were too far away from the pedals. However they do love racing.
After a hot day of racing and animals, it was time to hit up the water park. They decided to attack it as a team - there is nothing more precious then when they turn to each other as a comfort factor.
A good start to some summer fun.

No comments: