Friday night the festivities began at Memorial Park, we laid out a blanket and put up some chairs and then went over to an Italian restaurant for a delicious dinner. We returned to the field where we played beach ball. There were so many people there but one young girl played with the boys all night and the three were inseparable. Finally it was dark and Needham had a spectacular display of fireworks. The only small problem was that Garrett wasn't happy with any of the noise...he was not to happy so we ended up huddled under some bleachers while I sang him songs. Connor loved the fireworks and they tell me they were great.
The next morning I didn't have high hopes that we would actually be up in time for the parade since we didn't get home until 11pm. However, everyone was up and I rushed us out to the parade. It was a gorgeous day and the parade is no joke - 2 hours long and we definitely enjoyed it. The perfect way to start off our vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment