Friday, September 12, 2008

Random Thoughts

Anyone that has spoken to me knows that for some reason I was putting off potty training Connor. Well, we started on the Friday before labor day and by Saturday (the next day) his training was complete. We went right to big boy underwear and we haven't turned back since. It will take a while to master night time but I am just so proud of him. If you are wondering our tactic, I will tell you what we did. Connor loves balloons. Well, every time he went to the potty and had a successful trip, Daddy blew up a balloon for him. He seemed to average about 7 balloons a day (2 for poops of course) and soon our house was covered. Grandma had the brilliant idea to send the balloons to the basement where now we have a balloon party every night. Just another example of my boys growing up.

Garrett update: So I look at Garrett and I wonder where the last 11 months went. He has grown so much and seems to get taller everyday. He has such a great personality and has begun saying quite a few words. My favorite is at bedtime I tell him it is time to got Night Night. Well, he says Night Night back to us and then goes and gives his brother a kiss. Priceless moments!

2 comments:

ariele post said...

that is great about connor- good idea1 i will have to remember the balloons. griffin only likes to use the potty at night but hopefully with him in preschool 2 days a week it will help. maybe i just need to bite the bullet and do what you did. talk to you soon.

SMF 2008 said...

Connor was going on the potty at night for three months before I finally made the commitment. It is so much easier without diapers which I can't believe.