Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pop Goes the Wiggles

Okay, so I have a lot of catching up to do. Let's start back on the weekend of the 16th. From the moment we found out the Wiggles were coming to Nassau Coliseum in Long Island, Brian and I knew we would be there. There was nothing that could keep us away. Including a huge storm which delayed all the planes in and out of LGA but Brian stuck it out for several hours in the airport and did manage to make it to Locust Valley just a little before midnight on Friday.

As a parent one of the few lessons I have had to learn is that when you are excited about something for your kids, sometimes they don't have the reaction you expect. So Brian and I were very excited for this concert and only hoped Connor would love it. Connor didn't let us down one bit. We got to the Coliseum 30 minutes early and once we found our seats (Front Row thanks to the help of Kristen at work) Connor wouldn't let us leave to walk around. He just didn't want to miss anything.

While Daddy went off to get us some snacks and souvenirs, Connor got up on Papa's lap. Let's just say from that point on Connor didn't move a muscle. During the entire show his eyes were glued to the stage, he didn't want anyone talking to him or any other possible distraction. He loved it!!!! He didn't miss a trick and could tell you every aspect of what happened during the performance. The show was a hit.

The position Connor sat in for over an hour and a half.


Garrett decided to take a little nap.


But woke up ready to party.


Connor still focused.


The family ready to leave after the show.

I thought I would throw this picture in to prove we were actually at the Wiggles concert.

2 comments:

ariele post said...

okay, i bet connor loved seeing the wiggles i rmeber how much he liked them when we were there :)

Anonymous said...

Connor I expect you to tell me all about the concert when I see you. I am sure you remember every song. I like Daddy's hat