Tuesday, August 19, 2008

4 Days in Ireland

As most of you know, Brian and I took a quick trip to Ireland for Blathnaid and Brian's wedding. To say it was a whirlwind trip is an understatement. You haven't been to a wedding until you go to an Irish wedding. They know how to do it right and to say the party continues into the early morning is an understatement. I think the lesson learned from our trip is that we are really getting old.

Donal took us on Friday for a drive to Dingle. Our first stop was on Conor's Pass and Peddlers Lake.

A shot of the landscape just a little bit further up the path.
Peddlers Lake and the hungry climbers. Poor Kevin rallied even though his heel isn't 100%.
On the way back down - they were all just happy I turned around.
Time for a pose.
Blathnaid looking beautiful on the big day.
The wedding party...it is only fitting that Patricia is in the front of this picture. I am not sure how it happened but in all of my pictures Patricia manages to be taking the same picture in front of me. It is quite funny when you look through all the pictures in the church.
The Happy Couple and parents
Unfortunately I wasn't a great photographer at the reception so I don't have photos of Irish step dancing, the music or the party that ensued. In a way, that is a good thing. This is us departing early Monday morning.

2 comments:

ariele post said...

wow!!! how fun that you all went to ireland. it looks like you had a great time! we miss you guys adn the kids. maybe we shoudl plan a trip for ya'll to come to TX!!!!

SMF 2008 said...

After looking at all that sunshine, I think we might come stay for the winter. :)