Well, I have definitely been a slacker. It has been two weeks since our New Hampshire vacation and it has taken me forever to start writing this entry. First off, we had a great time and the boys were fantastic, especially since we completely threw them off schedule every day. 
Tuesday was the big day - our trip to Storyland. Let me set the scene, it was 95 degrees with 100% humidity and yet the boys handled the heat better than Brian and I. We started off at 10am and didn't go home until 4:30 and neither boy took a nap because there was just so much to see. To sum up the experience, it can be done in two phrases "ball pit" and "ball pop." We could have stayed in these two sections all day and both of the boys would have been thrilled. When we went on the carousel, Connor kept saying ball pit. When we went on the antique cars, I think I heard him say ball pit the moment we were done. To see how much fun they had on the rides made it all worth while.
Throwing the balls in the ball pit
Garrett kept sinking to the bottom of the baby ball pit
The ball pop had thousands of balls rolling on the floor and being shot from air guns.
Connor taking aim to shoot the balls at the kids below.
Since the boys were exceptionally tired, we decided to take it easy on Wednesday. Our hotel had a fun little water park inside which allowed Connor and Garrett to splash around. There was a little slide that they both went down and they were also able to walk around the whole pool without it getting too deep. Connor even went down the big water slide all by himself. We were so excited for him since several weeks ago he was still not sure of himself in the water. Obviously, the swimming lessons have been working. Don't get me wrong about this relaxing Wednesday, Brian and I also snuck in some outlet shopping which was conveniently located right down the street from our hotel. So Wednesday night we decided to go to the Muddy Moose for dinner. We had driven past it several times and it looked really kid friendly. When you walk in, there are three moose heads hanging on the walls throughout the restaurant. Brian took Connor for a walk around and neither one of us would have expected what happens next. Basically, Connor decided that the big moose was Mommy Moose and that the other two smaller heads were Baby Mooses. He then asked Brian to ask the hostess where Daddy Moose was...the hostess tells them that Daddy Moose is still in the forest out back. So this created Connor's obsession with going out on the back patio and calling "Daddy Moose where are you?" Obviously a Daddy Moose did not appear but Connor told us that he was hiding behind a tree. (Now why didn't I think of that.) We finally finish dinner and on his way out Connor keeps calling to see if Daddy Moose will show up. This continues through the parking lot, in the car and when we get back to the hotel. However, when we started to walk back into the hotel Connor told Brian and I that we can't find Daddy Moose right now because he is brushing his teeth and going to bed. Let's just say we had to look for Daddy Moose every day almost everywhere we went...adorable.
Thursday was the big trip up to Santa's Village which was a beautiful 70 degree day. What a difference! Connor wanted to see Santa right away but unfortunately he was out to lunch so we had to wait a little while. While we were waiting, we found one of his favorite rides - the antique cars. At last count, I believe we went on them about 10 times. He actually got to drive and loved the bubbles in the car wash. The best part about this amusement park is that there are no real crowds and I don't think we ever waited on a line longer than a few minutes. After we ate, it was off to see Santa but of course Connor and Garrett were too shy of "Ho Ho" and we settled for having Daddy tell Santa that Connor wanted a train for Christmas. We did manage to get a few really cute pictures during the day.
Outside Santa's House
Connor and I going down the water ride
Look at how tall I am - Unfortunately Garrett was sleeping at the time
Brian told Connor this was Daddy Moose but Connor didn't fall for it - Later in the day he referred to them as reindeer.
Our second trip to see Santa - We were so confused that Connor wanted to see Santa again but then we realized he simply wanted to get another candy cane.
Taking a break in Santa's living room.At the top of the park is a giant ferris wheel which lets you overlook the entire park and all the local mountains. All four of us ventured onto the ride - the motion actually put Garrett to sleep. While stopped at the top of the ferris wheel, I look over at Brian and realize his eyes are closed behind his sunglasses. I immediately start to laugh and then I hear Brian ask Connor how does it look buddy. Connor's response "Long way down, Daddy."
Our last day we went back to the train yard because Thomas the Tank had come to town. We got to see and ride on Thomas and then we waited to see Sir Topham Hat because Connor had to know why Percy was not there.
Garrett checking out the sights during the train ride.
Since Sir Topham hat did not speak, we settled for a high five.We had a blast and I am sure we will go back again.

4 comments:
wow, loooks like you guys had a blast! loved the pics! we miss you
!
ariele
How much fun?! I love that you do this blog; it is great to see the boys and how big they are getting! Next year we are definitely going with you!!!
Hugs and kisses all around!
xoxo
Jennifer
We had a great time. We miss you so much. Are you all settled? You looked like you had a blast in Florida. I am hoping you are all unpacked in Texas right now.
Jenn - When is Aidan's birthday? I think I have it on the wrong day. We definitely need to catch up.
Post a Comment