Friday, April 25, 2008

Here goes nothing!

For over a year now, I have been reading friend's websites and thinking what a great way to keep in touch and keep track of all the great stories about the boys. Since everyday I am in awe of how quickly my boys are growing up, I want to make sure I share all the funny stories and of course, the daily mayhem. It is so hard living away from most of our family and friends and just wanted to give you all a way to check in. So here goes nothing...




Here is a recent picture of the boys playing. Of course I had to insert an additional picture of Garrett since in the first picture you only see the back of his head. As you can see, the boys are getting so big. Garrett watches every move of Connor and Connor takes great pride in entertaining his brother.





This past weekend was so beautiful we had to take advantage. We decided we would try to be outdoorsy which is a stretch for this LI girl. So, we went to Walden Pond to have a picnic and go for a hike. In showing my true colors within the first 20 minutes of being there, I think I complained about the bugs and the dirt at least 5 times. Anyway, we found a beautiful spot to have a picnic. Connor decided that while we ate lunch Garrett didn't need to wear his hat. I kept putting it back on his head. Finally, Connor takes off Garrett's hat and tells me "No sun mommy." I had to give him credit he was right. After hiking around the entire pond, we came to the part which could be considered a very small beach. Connor saw the sand and was very excited, however, suddenly a look of confusion came across his face. He turns to Brian and says "No sand." Brian was completely confused because they were standing in front of an entire stretch of sand. Connor continues on, "No box, No toys daddy." Apparently, growing up in the city of Boston has jaded his view of nature. When we lived in Boston, Connor loved going to the park and playing in the sand. Of course, the parks had these big sand boxes with loads of toys which all the kids shared. So Connor was not impressed with the toyless beach. Below is a picture of them while they were throwing rocks into the water.

You know your son is growing up when you go to a restaurant and he can sit in a high chair. Well this weekend our little man finally sat in a high chair. Of course, our kids have to learn to behave properly in restaurants at an early age since I could be the worst cook ever. Garrett loved being at the table and was fasinated by everything he saw including the ceiling fan.

Okay, one last story and then I will finish this posting. This weekend we were all sitting down to lunch and Brian asked Connor what he would like to eat. Connor responded "ice pop daddy." Brian then explains to Connor that an ice pop is not an appropriate lunch. Later on in the day, we are all out playing ball on the driveway and unfortunately Connor trips and falls. Of course, he smacks his face on the pavement which results in tears and his mouth bleeding a little. Brian swoops in and asks if he would like an ice pop. An immediate "ahuh" is heard. To prevent an incredible mess in the house and to enjoy the warm weather, we decide to sit outside while Connor eats his ice pop. You could see how much he loved every last lick of the ice pop and as soon as he was finished..."more pop daddy...More ice pop" was heard. Brian says no trying to tell him we can only have one pop today. So then Brian and I watch in disbelief as Connor climbs off the wall, pretends to fall down and then presses his face against the pavement while on all fours. He doesn't even look up and we hear him say "More ice pop daddy, more pop." We couldn't stop from laughing and Brian is now convinced it is a good thing Uncle Scott has connections in the theatre.

My goal is to update this as often as I can with the antics of my little men. Until next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great website and idea! The boys are getting so big. Time really does fly by. We miss you guys and hope to visit you this summer.

Love,Jen

SMF 2008 said...

I am so excited for you to come visit. Hurry up summer.