Sunday, October 12, 2014

Army Ten Miler

Our friend Chris Fernandez signed Brian and I up for the Army Ten Miler in Washington DC.   We arrived earlier than the others so we were able to explore and found quite an exhibit of Army equipment.  On Saturday night, we (Chris, Andro, Jason, Holly) all met up for dinner and I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard.  
The next morning we all woke up bright and early and headed out to the race.  It was an absolutely perfect day for a run (even for those who didn't train- mommy).  The run was absolutely inspirational as wounded veterans were running as well.  There were many moments where I actually had tears running down my face as I watched men and women struggle to keep going.  So inspiring.

What a great weekend and we couldn't wait to show the kids our Army medals for finishing.

No comments: