Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Buneta's have Arrived

Every year the kids can't wait for the Buneta Family arrival to our house.  If a picture could capture the magic of how much fun our kids have together, I think the below sums it up. For five days, the kids ran around, played football, Xbox, baseball, tag, Apples to Apples, HeadBanz and every other game possible. 
In only a few days, we managed to see the movie Frozen, go to Frozen Ropes and go bowling.  On New Years Eve day, we decided to use our golden asset, Aunt Jenn and finally go ice skating.  I have wanted to bring the kids ice skating for years and we did it.  
After gearing up, we hit the ice and I was amazed at how well they all did.  Garrett told me that Aidan told him how to skate.  Don't look at your feet and just walk...off Garrett went.  My favorite quote is that he told me he has to get faster so he can play ice hockey.
Emily did fantastic.  I thought she might be a little young but she held my hand and off we went.  Aunt Jenn did rescue me on our second lap when my back was starting to ache.  Emily didn't want to stop...after a snack, I thought she could have stayed on the ice for hours.
Connor was a natural.  Slow and steady at first and all of a sudden he was in the middle of the ice skating around.  He was fantastic!
What a fun day of ice skating and many thanks to Aunt Jenn who got us motivated.

No comments: