Daddy, Andro and I decided to start 2013 with a goal that I never considered to try before. The men decided to run the Disney marathon and I thought it best to stick with the half marathon.
Saturday was the half marathon, where I woke up at 4 am to start my race at 6 am. This is my first long distance race so I was placed in the last coral at the starting gate. As I crossed the starting line, it became apparent to me that many people were planning on walk/running the race. I spent the first 7 miles running along the side of the road and zig-zagging in an effort to keep moving. Upon completion, my Nike+ running tracker indicated that I ran 15.5 miles instead of the necessary 13.1. It was a successful day for me and I was happy to show off my medal to the kids. Brian even motivated the kids to get going early in the morning and they headed over to Epcot to see me finish. Unfortunately, they got stuck on a bus for over an hour and I was already home by the time they got to the finish line. I missed them by minutes and I felt so bad. Thank you for all the support!!! I definitely felt all the love when we met up for breakfast. Connor went for a walk with me and took this beautiful picture.
We were stationed at mile 24 right near our hotel so it was very convenient. Poor Brian took a minute to walk - probably for about five seconds when he turned the corner and heard me scream "Come on Daddy!" Needless to say he started running and was so excited to see the kids cheering him on.
Andro came in strong as well. He was so happy to see his crew waiting and screaming for him.
Then it was time to celebrate in Disney. No we did not wear the medals in the park but brought them to take pictures.
Don't let the smiles fool you - they were in pain. Daddy walked a little funny for a couple days.
It was a great feeling to start the year off with such a fantastic feeling of accomplishment. Go Team Disney!
No comments:
Post a Comment