Ladies Weekend: It is a first for me to travel away from home without the boys. Emily, Grandma and I were on the Friday flight out to Chicago and couldn't wait to see the newest member of the Chicago family. It had been a long time since we had seen the Chicago Conns so it was amazing to see how the girls interacted.

Izzy and Emily were a dynamic little pair.

Hugs all around.

There was lots of love to give to all.

I forgot to mention that Papa flew in from NY as well and was quick to get a hold of his new granddaughter. Sydney is the happiest little baby ever - at times you would forget there was a baby in the house because she is so peaceful.

I came up the stairs in the house and the girls were up to no good. They were in Izzy's room trying to figure out a way to get into her crib. At one point, they were both hanging off the top railing. These two are going to be trouble.
The evening brought a celebration of Papa's birthday. Everyone was exicted for the ice cream cake and it was hard to keep the girls fingers out of the cake. 

One...two...three - BLOW!

The girls really did everything together. It was snack time and they both pulled up to the little table and ate like big girls. I love watching them play together.

Team work to hold Sydney. The three girls together - can you believe the boys are out numbered?

Look at Emily touching Sydney's cheek. She was so gentle and loving.

The weekend flew by in a blink of an eye and it was back to Boston for us. We loved being able to see the Chicago clan and enjoy the girl time. Emily was fascinated by Izzy and Sydney - I think it will take a little adjustment when we get back to the boys. I can't wait until our trip in May so we get to see everyone again.

No comments:
Post a Comment