Thursday, May 26, 2011

Canobie Lake Park

So there is only one thing I will complain about writing this blog and it is technology. Every once in a while I will write an entire blog and then all of a sudden an error occurs and I lose the whole story. Well, somehow today is my lucky day because it happened to me twice. Obviously, my frustration is at an all time high but here is my third attempt - fingers crossed.

On Friday mornings, Brian and I drive into work together. The first weekend in May I drew the short straw and drove into work while Brian slept in the passenger seat. This gave me the opportunity to listen to the radio which was advertising the opening weekend of Canobie Lake Park located just over the NH border. On Saturday I made the suggestion and everyone seemed excited to go. When we arrived, the weather got a little chilly but that didn't stop us from having a good time. First stop race cars...
There were several rides that the boys repeatedly went on and I thought we would never get them off. The first was the spaceships with shooters - they thought this was the best thing ever. They created their own little story and were yelling to each other about enemies attacking.

We couldn't get Garrett off the boats because he thought it was awesome to put his hand in the water and splash around.

Next stop antique cars - the boys can now reach the petals and Connor is a pretty great driver when he is looking at the road. It shouldn't be a surprise that they get busy looking around and suddenly the car veers into the guard rail.

Emily and I snuggled together and even enjoyed a few rides ourselves. Connor went on the bumper cars all by himself - someone is starting to get independent.
There is a dragon roller coaster which the boys might have rode around 50 times - this is not an exaggeration. Because it was opening weekend, the park was not crowded so it enabled us to get off and right back onto the ride. I know I was feeling dizzy so Brian and I had to switch a couple of times. We had so much fun, I know we will definitely have to go back.

No comments: