Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Catching up on July 2010

July flew by, August flew by, September flew by and now it is the end of October - so it has become my mission to catch up the blog so I can continue writing all the new and exciting things going on with our family. I actually started to update this back in September but of course I barely made a dent.

First I will update you on our July. While we were patiently awaiting the arrival of Emily (well we didn't know Emily's name at that point - that was decided while walking the hospital halls), we did manage to do a few fun things. Nana came to help us celebrate the Fourth of July and we took a trip to Davis Farmland. As always, the kids love petting the animals.

Each visit they get more and more familiar with the animals and now like to take care of them. Here they are brushing a baby goat.
Now it is time to feed the big goats.
To see the sheep, you had to walk into their pen and walk quite a distance to their little barn. The boys showed no hesitation and were eager to see what exactly was going on.
When we turned the corner, a worker was holding a snake. I am petrified of snakes so I quickly veered away but the boys loved the snake. Then they teased me the rest of the afternoon about running away.
This is a two day old baby chick which Garrett is petting...he wanted to feed it as well but we had to explain that the baby chick was just too small.
Connor was first in line to milk the goat and didn't waste anytime showing the farm hand that he was an old pro.
Moo the Cow even came and gave the boys a high five.
After a couple hours with the farm animals and the heat, it was definitely time to run through the spray park.
Here they are running through the car wash.
Garrett soaking wet.
Connor taking another lap...as you can see he is soaked too.
Just in case you thought I was no fun at all, I even changed and went through the water obstacles with the kids. Don't ever think that being nine months pregnant slowed me down too much.
There is nothing like getting all wrapped up and warm after being drenched.
Apparently, Connor and Daddy didn't feel the same way - tough guys!
The boys at play.
The next day was July 3rd and we were so excited for the annual Needham fireworks. The boys took early naps while Brian and I went and staked out what we thought was a good spot. (Nana stayed with the boys, in case you thought we left them alone.) After naps, we managed to snag a great parking spot and then headed to our Italian restaurant across the street from the park. We enjoyed a nice leisurely dinner and headed to our seats once it started to get a little dark.
Red White and Blue...as you can see, we picked a spot near the baseball field. Silly us! We didn't realize everyone would use the baseball field as a place to play catch. Basically, all the kids were running over it and the place became one huge dust cloud. When we got home, we had sand and dust in every crevice and all our stuff was covered. Oh well, it was the price we pay to watch phenomenal fireworks.
The next day I woke up everyone nice and early because it was time for the Needham parade. It was blisteringly hot but we found some shade and definitely enjoyed the parade.
When we got home, we needed to cool off and the boys were game to slip and slide. Connor slid the whole way and continued on the grass.
Garrett going head first.

I can be honest and say I don't remember what happened the rest of July except that we stayed close to home anxiously awaiting our new arrival.

No comments: