Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

After visiting NJ, we headed off to Long Island for the week of Thanksgiving. It gave time for me to work in the New York office and for Papa to spend time with the boys. I think we all enjoyed our trip. As usual, Thanksgiving morning brought the annual football game. It was great to see all the cousins together which is very rare. I brought the bikes for the boys to play with and I think we all had fun. Plus it kept us off the wet field and from getting soaked.

Here are the participants of the football game and as you can see the age range is getting more and more diverse. It is scary to think that one day my boys might be running up and down the field.

So Brian has been talking trash to Bradley that he could beat him in a race. This has been going on since August. I don't think Brian has ever lost a race. Bradley however can run a 5 minute mile and I don't know if Brian realized that. With a little instigation, Bradley challenged Brian to a race right after the football game. Bradley is on the left and Brian is on the right. Unfortunately for Brian, Bradley was all warmed up and won the race.
It was nice to see the good sportsmanship at the end of the race.
Then, we took the boys over to see the school buses and of course had to climb this rock they saw. I thought it was an adorable father-sons picture.
Somehow I didn't manage to take any pictures of our Thanksgiving feast but I can assure you it was delicious. Grandma went all out and any food you could imagine was out on the table. Superb! On Friday, we ventured over to the Bayville arcade where we played games for over an hour. They were playing great Christmas music and we were dancing all around the Christmas tree since we had the place to ourselves. It is nice that we actually got a picture of the whole family.
A week sounds like a long time but to be honest it flew on by. Thanks for taking care of us in LV, Grandma and Papa, and for making Thanksgiving very special.

No comments: