Memorial Day weekend was entirely planned by Brian and he did a phenomenal job. For those of you who don't know, it was the Mets vs. Red Sox series at Fenway during the long weekend and there was no way Brian was going to miss that.
On Friday, Andro, Jenn and the boys made the extremely long trip and they made it on time. Meredith and Uncle Kevin came the Fung Wah route (bus) and believe it or not made it as well. Friday night, Andro, Brian, Meredith and Uncle Kevin went to the Mets game and were treated to a Mets win. This is actually the first time Brian and I got to meet Meredith. Apparently, law school keeps people really busy but it was so nice to finally meet her. As you can expect, Meredith was a little quiet and shy but what do you expect coming into a house which was mainly chaos (10 people in a house...enough said). I could see her holding back some sarcasm...so it looks like it is a perfect match.
Meredith, Uncle Kevin & Garrett - Garrett decided that Uncle Kevin was way to boring of a name. He called Uncle Kevin - "Pepe." It proved to be extremely entertaining to myself and others.
Andro and Garrett hanging out at the playground
So Saturday morning, I thought Connor had a soccer game - I hadn't been told otherwise and I did check the schedule...unfortunately he didn't. So I dragged everyone out of the house and the game wasn't even going on. We ended up playing at the playground and having our own little soccer game instead. At least we made the best of it.
The Cheering Section
In usual post soccer action, we stopped at the local ice cream place. I didn't hear any objections from the kids or the adults.
Hanging out eating our ice cream in town.
Saturday night we had a little birthday celebration for Luka who was turning 3 on May 26th. Apparently we are all really bad singers but I think he enjoyed the cake and presents. I know Connor and Garrett definitely did.
Sunday was the big day. We all went to Fenway park for the big game. So far the Mets had won the first two games so we really didn't have high hopes for a sweep but it would have been nice. Unfortunately, the Mets lost but I think we all had a good time despite the score.
Dino, Jen and Aidan
Connor and Garrett in their Mets gear
It was sad to see Monday roll around because we all loved having everyone visit. Dino and Jen brought presents for the boys. Garrett took a liking to this Mets ball and wouldn't let it out of his sight...he also loved playing with Dino. Connor even pretended to be Dino when playing baseball on Saturday night..jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment